A black girl posing as a white superhero. But I did amazing things as well in high school; only mine were of the more standard, unnoticed variety: walking away, standing up to the "scary" hard girls and not chasing after the jocks who would grow up to be just the opposite.
I was my own hero and I even had a fan or two but still I haven't set out to accomplish any of my goals. I haven't lived any of my dreams. I haven't been to Greece, Ireland and I haven't climbed a mountain or even gone hiking for that matter. I'm embarking on a new journey and I have a ways to go before I'm even close but the first step has been taken. We all have to start somewhere.
Lincoln College may not be some people's definition of a life moving in the right direction of starting a new life at all, but for me it's a major step to something better. I've taken up a field unexpected of me and some don't think I can make it but they forget that I can be quite adamant. They forget about my determination. They forget what motivates me. How careless of them to challenge me when they want me to lose.
I'm going to win. Come follow me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment